In the Merrium Webster dictionary it states under Normal as an adjective:
- conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern
- according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle occurring naturally
- of, relating to, or characterized by average intelligence or development
- free from mental illness : mentally sound
- Holy Shit I thought I was normal.
- Patients may feel normal, without any symptoms, in between episodes of mania and depression.
That is a good place to stop. I need to get some more normal people around here. It’s lonely. What is normal to some may not be the same to others. The words may be the same but subject to interpretation. I consider myself normal although in the Webster’s Dictionary it states to be free from mental illness and be mentally sound. I’m finally getting attention and possibly some funding and reseach to help save millions of lives that are taken due to untreated mental illness. (Sounds wonderful) I am not referring to suicides but the mentally ill people who are shooting up others in the streets with their guns, in the ally’s, in public schools, gang activity and such. It’s way out of control. I realize not everything can be fixed with a pill or therapy session. Somebody has to start somewhere because whatever is being done is not working. I want to be labeled as “normal.” and so on. It’s an epidemic and has been getting worse quickly. Mental health needs to be taken seriously. The more mental illness cases that go undetected/untreated, people will die because of lack of interest in helping others or lack of information that a person may receive. I don’t particularly care for the last definition from Webster but it is the most important one that needs to be addressed. And I don’t have to like it or concider myself anything but normal just because another person says I am something doesn’t make it so. When people vote and rally and come together and there could be many, that does not always represent the truth or majority vote. Not everyone votes unfortunatly. Too many followers and not enough leaders, effective leaders. We are all little followers and I want that to stop for me.
I am normal. No matter exactly how I behave in a certain way, walk a certain way or talk a certain way. I’m not the first one who did that so I am normal. I have not invented anything or reinvented anything. I am just a regular person. Much of the treatment for mental illness involves not only therapy but also prescription medication to keep their illness under control. I believe the someone needs to step in just like the methodone users, step in and provide the proper medication so these mentally ill people can have treatment as well. They didn’t ask for this. It is likely hereditary unlike the methheads doing drugs intentionally.
Bipolar disorder symptoms:
Symptoms can last over a period of few weeks, months, or even years.
Manic phase is characterized by:
- Extreme happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
- Irritability, anger, and hostile behavior
- Rapid speech
- Poor concentration and judgment
- Increased energy
- Less need for sleep
- Unusually high sex drive
- Setting unrealistic goals
The depressive phase may include:
- Sadness and crying
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, and guilt
- Loss of energy
- Loss of interest in everyday activities
- Trouble concentrating and making decisions
- Need for more sleep or sleeplessness
- Change in appetite
- Weight loss/gain
- Suicidal thoughts and attempts at suicide
So this is all normal for “Normal” people. What does normal feel like to an abnormal mind?
Patients may feel normal, without any symptoms, in between episodes of mania and depression.
Trying to better my life and the people I let in it and have a hellova good time doing it.
What is your normal?